Glennie And Thrift Analysis
1) Glennie and Thrift discuss the topic of time and the disjuncture between historical general accounts and recent writings about time. The authors ask how much of Thompson’s theory of time is accurate and what changes have occurred in the writing about time since Thompson’s theory was conceived. Glennie and Thrift argue that there have been several major and interrelated modifications in the documentation and questions of time contrary to what Thompson believed.
2) Existing Theory/Observation; Exegesis/Reinterpretation of previous theory/Venn diagrams.
3) Glennie and Thrift divided their argument into three parts: first by outlining the content and impact of Thompson’s writing, secondly by discussing the changes in writing …show more content…
The majority of the research design was based on reinterpretation of other theories, however the research design was effective because Glennie and Thrift engaged in using multiple methods by providing the Venn diagram. to power relations that constitute the practice and narrative of time keeping. New understandings of intersecting identities between multiple cultures will provide a broader and more encompassing view of time keeping.
1) Nelson discusses the topic and the cause of the Asian Miracle. Nelson questions what theory is most sufficient to explain the causal mechanism by which this miracle occurred. Nelson argues that the difference between the two theories arise from how they treat the nature of technology, the factors involved in entrepreneurial decision making, the economic capabilities of a well-educated work force, and the role that exporting comodities has on the economy.
2) Theory/Statistical Data; Exegesis/Rate and Effect of Change Equations and Tables/Investment Ratios.
3) Nelson conducts a comparative analysis between the accumulation and the assimilation theories. Nelson concludes that the most persuasive evidence derives from examining the process and the multitude of intersecting factors that affect a specific country’s economic …show more content…
3) Ong’s empirically based inquiry concluded that, contrary to Hardt’s and Negri’s deduction, that political sovereignty and national sentiments strengthen when capital, ethics, and technological advancement are assembled together.
4) Ong’s research design included a critique and reinterpretation of previous theories, and she supported her thesis with case studies, which provided additional plausibility to her argument.
5) This article relates to the concept of emerging globalized societies within a technologically advancing political economy. It also discusses the differences of impact that transitioning economies have on existing cultures.
1) Tsing is discussing the topic of diversity within the contemporary global economy and asks if global supply chains are the key to understanding the differences that characterize and inspire models of economic and political power. Tsing argues that attention to diversity and the inspiration of transformative collaboration are the solutions to identifying transgressions and correcting those transgressions.
2) Theory/Primary and Secondary Sources/Observation; Exegesis/Archival Research/Case