Electronic Waste And Its Effects On The Environment Essays

1608 Words Jul 16th, 2015 7 Pages
E-waste stands for electronic waste such as computers, cell phones, printers, and television. E-waste is unwanted or unused electronics that are no longer in use. Unused electrons are stuffing landfills on the globe. The EPA, an Environmental Protection Agency is a federal government program which is design to help keep safe environments and human’s well-being. However the EPA proclaimed, “the United States have more than 100 million worth of hardware to discard and just 20 percent of it is reused" (What Is E-waste?). The other 80 percent is thrown away and most electronic contain harmful chemicals. When the bulk of electronic toxic chemicals add up in piles of waste, the threat to the environment is very harmful.
Melvin Needhidasan, a researcher with a specialist in health and environment explains how e-waste has become a concerns, “because of the many toxins and how they do not dissolve easily” (Needhidasan). Many of these concerns are a priority in European countries and disposing of electronic waste has been banned from dumping into landfills. There is alarming concerns for the health of human and the toxins in the environment.
In recent years, e-waste has become a growing problem in our world. Electronix Redux stated, “the main concern about e-waste is that it can cause toxic substances and issues with the privacy within our environment” (What Is E-waste?). The main goal of our environment concerns is to look at different ways of recycling around the world. There…

Related Documents