Disadvantages Of Anaerobic Respiration
B. Fermentation (anaerobic respiration)- A pathway that converts the pyruvate formed during glycolysis into alcohol or lactic acid.
2. A. Glycolysis- when a 6-carbon sugar molecule glucose is split into 2 3-carbon molecules of pyruvate. During the first stage of glycolysis, two molecules of ATP are required to split glucose into intermediate three-carbon molecules called glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P). After several additional steps, G3P is converted into pyruvic acid during the second stage.
B. Krebs …show more content…
Boiled peas- Yellow
9. I believe some peas produced carbon dioxide while others didn’t because of germination. CO2 is a product of germination, some of the peas weren 't germinating producing no CO2. Lastly, some of the peas produced CO2 because there was enzyme activity.
10. There is one main advantage of cellular respiration, that is that it sustains energy production much longer than fermentation and …show more content…
A. anaerobic respiration.
B. One advantage of anaerobic respiration, is it allows a cell to produce the energy needed with the absence of oxygen.
C. I believe carbon dioxide is produced.
12. A. 554.41
13. Sugars are best for yeast.
14. Salt and lemon juice was the worst for yeast.
15. I believe the ingredients that negatively affect the growth of yeast are lemon juice, salt, and perhaps milk.
16. I believe the type of fermentation that yeast uses is alcoholic fermentation.
17. Fermentation is used for making beer as well as bread.
18. When cellular respiration doesn’t work right, certain diseases may occur. For example, tumor cells go through a process known as aerobic glycolysis. What this means is lactic acid is produced during this process, much like fermentation, except the process includes oxygen. Fermentation can be seen in the dental field in the form of tooth decay. Tooth decay can be caused by fermentable carbohydrates, which break down sugars in the mouth. The bacteria then turns these sugars into acids, which will cause tooth decay over