Cell Lab Report Essay
Answer the following questions as you work your way through the lab material typing in your answers. Then submit your completed lab report through the “Assignment” feature. This lab report is worth 50 points towards your final lab grade. Also, per the Honor Code, this work must be your own.
Using your Biology Textbook answer the following questions.
1. What types of organisms are Prokaryotes?
The Prokaryotes are organisms that are single-celled, and their DNA is not confined to a nucleus and do not have membrane bounded organelles. There are two domains of Prokaryotes, Bacteria and Archaea.
2. What types of organisms are Eukaryotes?
Eukaryotes can be single-celled or …show more content…
EUKARYOTIC CELLS- Animal and Plant Cells http://www.cellsalive.com/cells/cell_model.htm Watch the animations and give a brief explanation of the purpose of these organelles.
13. cytoplasm: Collective term for the cytosol and the organelles within the cytosol.
14. nucleus:Most obvious organelle and it contains the DNA.
15. nucleolus:Prominent structure inside the nucleus, producing ribosomes.
16. centriole:A part of the cytoskeleton, 27 microtubes arrange perpendicular to each other.
17. golgi:Important in packaging macromolecules for transport elsewhere in the cell.
18. lysosome: Contain enzymes that aid in the process of intacellular digestion.
19. peroxisome: Help protect the cell from its own toxins like hydrogen peroxide.
20. cell membrane: Every cell is enclosed in a membrane to protect the cell.
21. cell wall: Animal cells do not have cell walls.
22. smooth endoplasmic reticulum:Assist in hormone synthesis, breakdown of lipid soluble toxins in the liver and control calcium release in muscles.
23. rough endoplasmic reticulum:Proteins synthesized here collect for transport throughout the cell.
24. cytoskeleton: Helps maintain the cell shape and cell motility.
25. cytoplasm: The liquid that all organelles live