Case Study : The A7d Affair Essay
• Kermit Vandivier: Goodrich employee.
• B.F. Goodrich Plant: Located in Troy, Ohio. Ordered the 202 brake assemblies for a new Air Force light attack plane.
• John Warren: Seven-year veteran and one of Goodrich’s most capable engineers.
• Searle Lawson: Assigned by Warren to create the final production design.
• Robert Sink: Supervised engineers on projects.
• Ralph Gretzinger: Vandivier’s test lab superior.
• Russell Line: Manager of Goodrich Technical Services Section.
Facts that are involved in the case:
• Goodrich has been reestablished for their superior designs and an innovative four-rotor brake.
• Goodrich was required to complete a report displaying the brake was successful in meeting military qualifications, in order for their brake to be approved by the Air Force,
• Searle Lawson, who’s creating the final production design believed that the brake was too small to handle a landing and suggested a larger,…