Bus 415 Final Guide – 2 Sets Essay
To Buy This material Click below link http://www.uoptutors.com/BUS-415/BUS-415-Final-Guide Set 1
1) The doctrine of stare decisis concerns
A. staring at the facts of a case for a long time to make sure the correct decision is made.
B. making sure to do adequate research before making a legal decision
C. following precedents so that legal principles announced in a case are used to determine later cases
D. using constitutional law to render a decision
2) The form of alternative dispute resolution wherein the parties hire someone to review the evidence and make a decision that is binding upon the parties is called
B. settlement conference
3) A corporation …show more content…
B. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
C. The Whistleblower Statute
D. The Statute of Frauds
7) Harry Hoosier, an Indiana resident, drives his family to Florida for spring vacation. When he is at a red light, Freddie Floridian, a Florida resident, is unable to stop in time and his vehicle impacts Harry’s car from the rear. No one is hurt and Harry’s vehicle suffers approximately $10,000 in damages. Which is correct?
A. Harry can sue Freddie in State but not Federal Court in Florida or Indiana.
B. Harry can sue Freddie in Federal Court in Florida but not in Indiana.
C. Harry can sue Freddie in State Court in Florida or Indiana.
D. Harry can sue Freddie in State but not Federal Court in Florida but not in Indiana.
8) A defendant fails to answer a civil lawsuit, what is likely to happen?
A. The court will order that the defendant go to jail until he or she agrees to answer.
B. A court will contact the defendant and ask him to answer the lawsuit.
C. The court will grant a default judgment against the defendant.
D. The court will dismiss the case.
9) If a defendant files a motion for summary judgment in a civil case, what is the defendant saying?
A. That even if what the plaintiff says is true, there is no basis for judgment against the defendant
B. That the plaintiff’s claims are false
C. That the court has no jurisdiction to decide the case
D. That the case is ready to go to the jury
10) Monica owed Bob $500, which was more than a