shooting left a 12-year-old dead and a 14-year-old injured in San Bernardino.
3. Pros and cons of Apple unlocking Farooq’s iPhone:
1. Terrorism has been a threat to mankind, since many years. So, unlocking Farooq’s iPhone might definitely help the FBI team, to solve the Farooq’s case to some extent, in finding the true culprits responsible for the slaughter, at San Bernandino.
2. Unlocking an iPhone, which no one ever thought could be unlocked, could be considered another advancement in science.
3. Creating a master key to unlock Farooq’s iPhone, can not only be used to …show more content…
Also, the Apple’s privacy argument is all about safeguarding the public safety of all the good people using their products.
On the other hand, the Government’s national security argument is that, the true culprits of the San Bernandino case could be brought be caught and brought into light.
The current Apple case doesn’t involve a backdoor in the traditional sense. The FBI is asking Apple to create a tool that would circumvent a feature that deletes all of the information on the phone after 10 failed password attempts. Apple doesn’t want to break anyone’s encryption or set a master key loose on the land. Also, the authority over the master key that Apple would grant the FBI could be used again across a range of scenarios that weaken Apple’s privacy and security as well.
5. My Opinion about the case
The argument about San Bernandino case is like two faces of a coin, which have equal value. If I support the FBI’s point of view, then it will be like I am creating a privacy and a public safety issue for myself as I myself have an iPhone. If I support the point of view of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, then it means that the terrorist activities will not get solved, which is threatening sign to