Unity Bank- Merger and Acquisition Essay
2. Problem Statement
The primary question of the case is:
Unity Bank has acquired Delta to realize its dream of becoming the World No 1 provider of share registry services. The primary problem is “How to successfully integrate Unity Bank and Delta within the specified timeframe and simultaneously achieve the Target savings?” The secondary question of the case is:
The integration posed multiple challenges but it was critical to infuse the integration without affecting the existing business processes of both companies.
a. Describe the acquirer company/department
- Unity bank was founded in South Africa in 1982 and employed around …show more content…
- Multiple legacy systems of Delta like CARMS, GOSP and AORTA needs to be consolidated. How to implement the consolidation on a common platform and which enterprise system would facilitate this consolidation?
- How to resolve the data issues in terms of incompatibility like date formats and report formats? iii) Infrastructure
- How to integrate the infrastructure of Unity and Delta with huge gaps in terms phone systems, networking hardware, office servers and PC systems?
iv) Organizational structure
- How to develop a organizational hierarchy in the new entity which address the responsibility needs of the employees drawn from both companies?
v) Compensation and benefits
- How to rationalize the compensation and benefits of employees from both organization which would help in retaining talent and be in line with company’s compensation policies? vi) Change management
- How to motivate the employees in this period of uncertainty and confusion?
- How to identify Star performers in the short span and maintain a high stock of talent pool?
- How to percolate the change in the organization in the most effective way which would face minimum resistance?
b. How to infuse integration change without affecting BAU for both companies?
- How to integrate the systems of both