Essay Unit 4 Equality and Diversity
Unit 4: Living in diverse communities
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. Describe a range of appropriate investigative methods that can be used to explore diversity in a community.
Range …show more content…
4. Using one (or more) of the methods you outlined in Question 1, provide a wide range of examples (at least 20) of physical signs that show there is diversity within your community. Include examples relating to: • Religion • Ethnicity • Age • Disability • Gender
1-Shop signage in dual language
2-Different places of worship
3-Large amount of mobility aid shops
4-More asian dress shops
6-Charity shops for overseas aid
7-Few English speaking schools
8-Large amount of interpreter agencies
9-Few English speaking shop workers
10-Increased amount of asian food warehouses
11-Very few white/british families in area
12-More male shop/factory workers than female
13-More small family run businesses opening
14-More asian familes moving into empty houses
15-More single males in area
16-Lack of Christmas celebration in area
17-Restaurant more suited to asian community
18-Solicitors specialising in immigration needs
19-Shop opening times to fit in with community prayers
20-Very few churches but increased number of mosques
5. Describe the types of inequality that could exist within a community. Report on your findings.
As displayed in the tables