Sentence: Even though each human body needs alveoli in their lungs in order to survive, there’s no set amount each adult has to have in order to keep their body moving.
2. Breathiness- A vocal quality characterized by the release of excessive breath because the vocal folds are not brought closely enough together during phonation; also caused by lack of breath support.
Sentence: Breathiness in your voice is something to always keep in mind while speaking in front of a crowd, so that the fluidity in your speech never becomes an issue …show more content…
6. Diaphragm- A double, dome-shaped muscle of respiration that forms the floor of the thorax (chest) and the ceiling of the abdomen. The most important muscle used in abdominal breathing. Sentence: If a person injures their diaphragm, it is essential for them to get immediate medical attention to ensure they don’t stop breathing.
7. Diaphragmatic Breathing- (Abdominal Breathing) Respiration in which the muscles of the abdomen, including the diaphragm, are used; the preferred form of breathing for speech. In addition, diaphragmatic breathing involves lateral movement of the lower ribs.
Sentence: On only the second day of Public Speaking with professor Holbrook, she had the entire class practicing their diaphragmatic breathing together.
8. Exhalation- That part of the breathing process in which carbon dioxide is expelled from the lungs. Sentence: Exhalation is something every living person does to ensure they don’t suffocate or pass out when going about their day.
9. Inhalation- The initial part of the breathing process in which oxygen rushes into the lungs in order to equalize the atmospheric