It has been noted to observe hypoglycemia upon treatment with high dose of mefloquine in the current study. Does all the mice survive with this condition?
4. Authors have mentioned that mefloquine treatment restored glycogen level in comparison to STZ group. However, there is not much improvement in the levels of glycogen.
5. On what basis, the dose of mefloquine and metformin were selected? Why the schedule of treatment was chosen for 12 days?
6. Except TBARS and protein carbonyl, the levels of antioxidant enzyme levels are not significantly improved with the treatment. Why doesn’t show any significant activity on the measured parameters? In addition, mefloquine at high dose worsen the condition.
7. Why drug treatments didn’t produce significant effect on reversing inflammatory markers such as COX?
8. Authors have reported that STZ+NA inj have demonstrated to show abnormalities in ECG profile but there is no significant abnormalities in comparison to those in control rats. In addition, authors have mentioned that P-wave amplitude is increased in the STZ+NA group in comparison to that in control rats, but its not the case in the present …show more content…
Authors have reported that treatment with metformin and mefloquine exerted favourable effects towards restoring the HRV paradigms towards normal but it seems that there is not much improvement in those profile.
10. Liver enzyme profile is not reported in the results section. However there is no improvement SGOT, SGPT levels after treatment.
11. Authors have mentioned that mefloquine produces favorable lipid profile but there is no evidence of such data are presented.
12. Authors have demonstrated that elevated R wave amplitudes are an independent risk factor for cardiovascular events and represents left ventricular hypertrophy in diabetic patients and same was evident in this study after the STZ- NA treatment which was reversed by only with high dose of mefloquine. Similar trend was observed with LF/HF values. However, high dose of mefloquine worsen the condition which was evident from other