Goverment Review Essay
1. A constitution is a document that creates the legal Framework for a government.
2. After the independence of Mexico Texas was politically a part of Mexico
3. Although many delegates to the 1875 convention were business professionals, farmers interest had an overwhelming influence.
4. Name the Texas constitution that allowed Blacks in Texas the right to vote – Radical Reconstruction
5. The constitution of the Republic of Texas was influenced by The U.S. Constitution
6. African Americans earned the right to vote in Texas with ratification of the 1869 constitution
7. Texas joined the Confederacy in 1861
8. The Republic of Texas was created in 1836
9. Under the Republic of Texas, slavery was …show more content…
26. Texas elected no governor to statewide office between 1874 and 1961.
27. According to one scholar, bifactionalism in Texas resulted in increased influence for interest groups
28. Define realignment. A major shift in political party support or identification that usually occurs around a critical election.
29. In 2002, the districts drawn by the Legislative Redistricting Board helped draw new districts that favored republicans
30. 45th governor of State of Texas Ann Richards
31. Methods that were used to limit voting rights for minorities in Texas Poll Taxes
32. The function of political action committees is to raise money
33. A campaign finance disclosure law passed in Texas in 1973 mandates limits on campaign
34. General Law Cities in Texas have fewer than Residents
35. The type of city government most based on the separation-of-powers principle is the mayor- council government
36. The operation of local governments in Texas is dictated by the legislature and the state constitution
37. General-law cities have fewer than 5,000 citizens and lack the power of legislation
38. The strong mayor form of municipal government in Texas more closely resembles Houston than city government.
39. The strong mayor form of government, though common elsewhere in the