Mala Spiegelman- f
* Mala is Vladek's second wife, and a friend of his family from before the war.
* The couple does not get along.
* Mala is consumed with frustration towards Vladek's inability to part with money, while Vladek views his wife with considerable distrust and accuses her of trying to steal his money.
* Art's wife.
* She is French and converted to Judaism in preparation for their marriage to please Vladek.
* She is intelligent, kind, and opinionated, and their relationship is strong.
* She plays a relatively minor role in the story, serving mostly as a means for Art to discuss his relationship with his father and the Holocaust.
Mr. Zylberberg- f
* Anja's father.
* Before the war, he is a wealthy manufacturer who owns a factory.
* When Vladek and Anja are married, he provides Vladek with a factory of his own.
* He survives with his family in German-occupied Poland, until the family is captured and sent to await transport to Auschwitz.
* By bribing his cousin, Haskel, Vladek is able to arrange for the release of himself and Anja.
* A friend of Vladek's family in Poland.
* When Vladek is a prisoner of war, Orbach claims him as a cousin, so that Vladek is released into his custody and eventually returns home to Sosnowiec.
Vladek's father- f