Study your flashcards anywhere!
Download the official Cram app for free >
- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
- Read Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
3 Cards in this Set
5 situations of variation
• Geographical = as in examples on previous slide
• Socio-economic class
• Manner of speaking associated with some speech community.
• Speech community very broadly/vaguely defined.
• Regional dialects, socio-economic dialects, social group dialects,
• There is no single dialect of a language that is the correct dialect.
• All dialects are linguistically equal.
• But there is usually some specific dialect in any given community that is