Study your flashcards anywhere!
Download the official Cram app for free >
- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
- Read Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
5 Cards in this Set
Classic Strain Theory: Deprivation & Delinquent Subculture
-Delinquent subculture plays a role in delinquent behavior
-Inability to gain status
-Inability to gain acceptance
-Lower class youths cannot meet middle-class standards in school
-Status Deprivation = Status Frustration = Reaction Formation
-Response to Status Frustration
-Nature of delinquent activities
-Subculture gains status through gangs; violent activity, malicious & negativistic views.
3) Deferred Gratification
5) Controlled Aggression
6) Respect for Property
1) Criminal = income-producing crimes
2) Conflict = physical violence
3) Retreatist = drugs and alcohol; "DOUBLE FAILURES"
Focal Concerns (MILLER)