Study your flashcards anywhere!
Download the official Cram app for free >
- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
- Read Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
3 Cards in this Set
what are hounsfield units (HU)?
the degree of attenuation of a given tissue on CT; air is -1000, pure water is 0, fat is -40 to -100; renal cysts with simple fluid is -20 to 20 HU
what are the 5 phases of a contrast CT?
2. arteriographic or early arterial phase (20 secs)
3. late arterial or cortiocomedullary phase (40-45 secs)
4. nephrographic phase (80-100s)
5. excretory phase (2min+)
what is a the risk of a repeat reaction in a pt with a h/o prior severe reaction to IV contrast?