Study your flashcards anywhere!

Download the official Cram app for free >

  • Shuffle
    Toggle On
    Toggle Off
  • Alphabetize
    Toggle On
    Toggle Off
  • Front First
    Toggle On
    Toggle Off
  • Both Sides
    Toggle On
    Toggle Off
  • Read
    Toggle On
    Toggle Off
Reading...
Front

How to study your flashcards.

Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key

Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key

H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key

A key: Read text to speech.a key

image

Play button

image

Play button

image

Progress

1/7

Click to flip

7 Cards in this Set

  • Front
  • Back
sampling
Sampling is that part of statistical practice concerned with the selection of individual observations intended to yield some knowledge about a population of concern, especially for the purposes of statistical inference. Each observation measures one or more properties (weight, location, etc.) of an observable entity enumerated to distinguish objects or individuals. Results from probability theory and statistical theory are employed to guide practice.

The sampling process consists of 7 stages:

Definition of population of concern
Specification of a sampling frame, a set of items or events that it is possible to measure
Specification of sampling method for selecting items or events from the frame
Determine the sample size
Implement the sampling plan
Sampling and data collecting
Review of sampling process
Central litmit theorem
the larger the sample the more closely the sample represents the population
Confidence Interval:
the probability that the band of data around the sample mean contains the populations mean.
example of confidence interval
A 90% CONFIDENCE INTERVAL MEANS THER IS A 5 % CHANCE THE POUULATION MEAN IS ABOUVE THE INTERVAL AND THERE IS 5% CHANCE THAT IT IS BELWO TEH INTERVAL
cORRELATIONS cOEFFICIENT (R) HOW WELL THE FUNCTION FITS THE___________
DATA
EXAMPLE 1; wHICH sample would be the most appropreate to use to determine the number of high school students who would use an afte school homewotrk club?
A sample radomly selected from the student body.
Example 20 In 2005 the mena score on the math part of the SAT was 520 and the standard deviation wa about 80 points Suppose that a student scored a 680 on the math portion of the test. Using the graph of the normal distrution below, whic of the following perce3ntiles best represents the rperformance on the test?
98 percent do and understand the solution