Vision and Mission
Before 1980, United Parcel Service (UPS) was the leading express delivery service company. The use of air services for delivery was unexplored. A visionary leader – Fred Smith – paved a new way for FedEx, with a commitment to quality, customer and innovation, to compete with UPS, and now it holds a sizable chunk in the overnight delivery market.
FedEx Corporation’s mission statement focuses on the following:
• Quality - providing high value-added services (transportation, logistics and business)
• Shareholders’ benefits –producing high financial returns and market capitalization for the shareholders investments
• Customers – meeting customer’s needs for different market segments
• Employees, Partners and Suppliers – Maintaining mutually rewarding relationships with them
• Integrity and Safety – Since their business involves transportations of valuable belongings, safety is their foremost concern
• Standards for Ethics and Professionalism
The company’s operating strategy has three levels –
• Operate Independently: In order to meet the needs of customers, a FedEx employee focuses on his/her independent networks
• Compete collectively: All the members are united by one brand and the strategy is to stand united and to speak with one voice.
• Manage collaboratively: Sustaining loyal relationships with customers, workforce and investors by working together.
As per the statement by Mr. Fredrick W. Smith,…
Approach: Market share, sales revenue growth rate, and aggressiveness in competition are the criteria chosen to determine key competitors in this segment. Exhibit 11, 12, & 13 along with various companies’ (in transportation & logistics industry) marketing mix strategies provide basis for selection of relevant competitors. On the basis of these criteria of selection, DHL, FedEx, USPS, TNT Express are identified as key competitors.
Industry Approach: The lowest cost structure, degree of…
related applications are what can be described as a premium service. Premium services may represent revenue generating services allowing users access to restricted areas. According to Dictionary.com, a premium related to commerce represents an amount paid in addition to a standard rate. (Dictionary) This is also true with e-Commerce. This particular Case illustrates other value added e-commerce designed for information richness, to further enhance the complexity and content of its message. For…
While I found our discussions of Buddhism interesting, part of the discussion I was looking forward to the most was talking to him about his experiences of traveling to America from Sri Lanka. I am also an immigrant from Sri Lanka and I moved here around 9 years ago. During our talk I wanted to see how our experiences in moving to America differed. Also I felt that during this part of the interview it was easier for me to relate to VG and to come up with questions. Before asking about America I…