Cycle Menu Research Paper
responsible for items such as menu planning, purchasing, work schedules, hiring, and all aspects of food production.
The expediter is the person who calls for orders to be finished.
Organize the ingredients.
Remember, ingredients are listed in the order of use
•1 quart chicken stock
•1 stalk lemon grass, white part only, cracked open with flat side of a knife
•3 kaffir lime leaves, fresh or dried, hand torn
•3 ounces piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
•2 garlic cloves, crushed
•13 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
•2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
•3 ½ teaspoons sugar
•8 ounces straw mushrooms, sliced in half
•4 limes, juiced
•2 small Thai chilies, brunoise
•1 ½ cups shredded cooked pigeon
•1 tablespoon kosher salt
•¼ teaspoon ground pepper
•¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
List each direction as a bullet point
• Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat
• Add the lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, and garlic
• Lower the heat to medium low, cover, and gently simmer for 45 minutes to let the spices infuse the broth.
• Uncover and strain into a clean pot
• Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, mushrooms, lime juice, Thai chilies, and pigeon
• Simmer for 5 minutes to heat the pigeon through
• season with salt and pepper
• Ladle the soup into individual heated bowls. Garnish with cilantro
•List all the equipment necessary for this standardized recipe. Remember, the chef wants this recipe to taste the same, no matter who prepares the recipe