Fertility tourism

    Page 8 of 50 - About 500 Essays
  • Chemical Selenium Fertility

    Meta Description: The chemical Selenium has been known to play a key role in fertility for men. One of the great joys and privileges of being and adult man or woman is having the opportunity to bear and raise children. It is something many people cherish and spend a great deal of their lives preparing for in order to become good parents. Unfortunately, nature and biology sometimes interfere with one's ability to conceive. Dealing With Infertility It is estimated that one in eight or 12.5% of…

    Words: 558 - Pages: 3
  • Don Marquis Argument On The Moral Status Of Abortion

    In the US, 89% of abortions are performed during the first trimester of a woman pregnancy. Approximately 115,000 abortions are done per day in the US and at least 25 and younger women have a 50% of having an abortion. A woman between 20-24 is at a 33% chance, teenagers are at 17% chance and girls under the age of 17% are at 1.2% chance of having an abortion. This paper will reflect on the moral status of abortion, a fetus provides value to life, alternative options instead of abortion and rape…

    Words: 1866 - Pages: 8
  • Thomson Defense Of Abortion Analysis

    Abortion has been a controversial ethical topic ever since the renowned Roe v. Wade decision permitted women to have the right to have an abortion. Thomson’s main argument is that the right to life is not an absolute right, and therefore in some cases abortion is morally permissible: those three cases being 1) the right to life does not include the rights to another person’s body without the person’s voluntary consent (cases of rape), 2) the fetus is a threat to the pregnant woman and 3) the…

    Words: 1678 - Pages: 7
  • How Childbirth Went Industrial By Atul Gawande Summary

    Reading response: How Childbirth Went Industrial In the article “How Childbirth Went Industrial” by Atul Gawande, Gawande explains how childbirth has gone from a natural process of life to a industrial process where you have to have surgery to take out the baby. In the first pages, Gawande give an example of a woman named Elizabeth Rourke. She was going through labor and wanted a natural birth. However, in the 39th hour of labor, Rourke had surgery to give birth to her baby. Cases like this…

    Words: 366 - Pages: 2
  • Sex Reassignment Surgery

    How and when should gender be determined? Claim: Young children should not be given sex reassignment surgery. Thesis: Children who are born with an intersex condition where reproductive or sexual anatomy does not fit typical females or typical male’s norms should not have sex assignment surgery performed. The social and cultural need to place intersex individual’s into the category of one sex or the other can have negative impact on their mental and physical health. I. Young children should…

    Words: 606 - Pages: 3
  • The Importance Of High School Pregnancy

    The law I picked was the capacity to prematurely end an infant’s life less than 18 years old. I picked this law in reflection of the fact that paying little mind to the individual being youthful, they were willing to have intercourse. Not saying that everybody who gets pregnant are continually eager cause that is not the situation, however notwithstanding on the off chance that it was willing or not they had intercourse and clearly it was a blessing from God. Despite the fact that I feel as…

    Words: 1051 - Pages: 5
  • Teenage Pregnancy Case Study

    A brief discussion of some of the factors often associated with adolescent pregnancy will follow. 2.3.1 Female Gender Role Firstly, three concepts need to be defined, that is, gender; gender role and gender typing. According to Galambos (2004) the term ‘gender’ refers to characteristics learnt or acquired by either sex from their society. It is part of that by which individuals define themselves, and give meaning to their actions. Gender role on the other hand refers to appropriate behaviour for…

    Words: 21998 - Pages: 88
  • Pros And Cons Of Obstetric Ultrasound Scan

    1. Introduction The second trimester scan is a routine ultrasound examination in many countries that is primarily used to assess fetal anatomy and detect the presence of any fetal anomalies. The second trimester extends from 13 weeks and 0 days to 27 weeks and 6 days of gestation although the majority of these studies are performed between 18 and 23 weeks. (Chudleigh & Thilaganathan, 2004) 2. Patient’s history The patient is a 31 year old pregnant female, with unsure dates of her last menstrual…

    Words: 1547 - Pages: 7
  • Reproductive Technology

    Over the last 50 years alone we have come a long way for when it comes to creating a family. When it comes to raising a family, it seems like people have had more of an open mind on this subject. All of this new reproductive technologies has not only allowed people to have the family that they have always dreamed of, but it also allowed for people to gain a whole new perspective on life. From using a surrogate to freezing embryos, the thing that matter most is that people are happy with the…

    Words: 2770 - Pages: 12
  • Maternal Rights Case Study

    2. In the Maternal Rights Approach, the mother is the only patient and the fetus is not considered a patient, separate from the mother, until after delivery. Therefore, from the medical indications standpoint, the clinical circumstances (risks/benefits) of the mother take precedence over the fetus. From the topic of patient preferences, the emphasis is on “the primacy of the pregnant woman’s right to control what happens to her body.” (OBGYN Risk Research Group, 2009). Any interest in fetal…

    Words: 1079 - Pages: 5
  • Page 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 50

Related Topics:

Popular Topics: