Unfortunately, some companies have mismanaged their greatest asset—their
brands. This is what befell the popular Snapple brand almost as soon as Quaker Oats
bought the beverage marketer for $1.7 billion in 1994. Snapple had become a hit
through powerful grassroots marketing and distribution through small outlets and
convenience stores. Analysts said that because Quaker did not understand the brand’s
appeal, it made the mistake of changing the ads and the distribution. Snapple lost so
Benefits of direct marketing:
• Home shopping- fun, convenient and hassle free, time saving, larger variety.
• Comparative shopping possible- browsing through online catalogues.
• Somebody else other than buyer can order goods.
• Business customers- learn about new products & services- time saved in
meeting sales people.
• Buy mailing lists- any group : left handed, overweight, millionaires
• Personalize and customize the messages- build continuous relationship with…