“Market trends suggest that the demand for energy resources will rise dramatically over the next 25 years:
• Global demand for all energy sources is forecast to grow by 57% over the next 25 years.
• U.S. demand for all types of energy is expected to increase by 31% within 25 years
• By 2030, 56% of the world’s energy use will be in Asia
• Electricity demand in the U.S. will grow by at least 40% by 2032
• New power generation equal to nearly 300 (1,000MW) power plants will be needed to meet electricity demand by 2030.
• Currently, 50% of U.S. electrical generation relies on coal, a fossil fuel; while 85% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions result from energy consuming activities supported by fossil fuels.”
According to the Inventory of US Greenhouse Gas Emmissions, 85% of the US greenhouse gas emissions are the result of energy consumed by fossil fuels. A disadvantage to using fossil fuels is pollution which gives off carbon dioxide thereby causing the greenhouse effect and a primary contributor of global warming. An advantage to continue using fossil fuels but maybe cutting back is that huge amounts of electricity can be generated and fossil fuels are easy to find.
In my house we are moving towards a green house which means and