Teacher Leadership as a Change Agent Essay
How do we make change happen in education? Considering current framework in light of the ever-changing context of schooling, appear to view classroom-based teachers as having little to no authority, as being incapable of initiating school wide change according to their will. Mostly, teacher has been considered in two …show more content…
The purpose of this paper is to examine how teacher can as leaders bring change in schools. To increases the understanding, following areas will be reviewed in context of theoretical perspective and observations drawn from my own professional life. The four aspects of teacher as leaders in education to bring change:
• What is meant by the concept of Teacher leadership?
• How far teacher leadership is important and can be developed?
• If teachers are the leaders, then what is role of the principal?
• How to promote, support and challenge teacher leadership?
• How teacher, as a leader, can influence the culture of schools and hence, can increase student’s achievements?
For this paper, I used York-Barr’s article “What do we know about teacher leadership” article and also, used pervious literature (World web, articles, journals, and books) available on the topic of teacher leadership in education to formulate my analytical framework and also, to arrive at logical conclusion.
LITERATURE TO BE DRAWN ON
The concept of teacher leadership is recognized throughout the school reform literature as critical to school improvement, those who study reform from this perspective