How To Win Friends And Influence People Essays
By: Dale Carnegie
Table of Contents
1. Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
2. Six Ways to Make People Like You
3. How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
4. Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
1. "If You Want to Gather Honey, Don't Kick Over the Beehive"
Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
2. The Big Secret of Dealing with People
Give honest and sincere appreciation.
3. "He Who Can Do This Has the Whole World with Him. He Who Cannot Walks a Lonely Way."
Arouse in the other person an eager want.
Six Ways to Make People Like You
1. Do This and You'll Be …show more content…
Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
8. A Formula That Will Work Wonders for You
Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
9. What Everybody Wants
Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
10. An Appeal That Everybody Likes
Appeal to the nobler motives.
11. The Movies Do It. TV Does It. Why Don't You Do It?
Dramatize your ideas.
12. When Nothing Else Works, Try This
Throw down a challenge.
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
A leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior.
1. If You Must Find Fault, This Is the Way to Begin
Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
2. How to Criticize--And Not Be Hated for It
Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
3. Talk About Your Own Mistakes First
Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
4. No One Likes to Take Orders
Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
5. Let the Other Person Save Face
Help the other person save face.
6. How to Spur People On to Success
Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
7. Give a Dog a Good Name
Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
8. Make the Fault Seem Easy to Correct
Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to