Worksheet Statistics Essays
Week 2 Practice Worksheet
Prepare a written response to the following questions.
1. For the following scores, find the mean, median, and the mode. Which would be the most appropriate measure for this data set?
2, 2, 0, 5,1, 4,1, 3, 0, 0, 1, 4, 4, 0,1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1
2. Based on the scale of measurement for each variable listed below, which measure of central tendency is most appropriate for describing the data?
a. The time (in years) it takes a sample of students to graduate college
b. The blood type (e.g., Type A, B, AB, O) of a group of participants
c. The rankings of college undergraduate academic programs
3. An expert reviews a …show more content…
|(Experiment 1) |
| |Condition |
| |Autonomy Deprivation | |Neutral |
|Construct |M |SD | |M |SD |
|Autonomy-related words |782 |211 | |857 |243 |
|Neutral words |835 |258 | |841 |301 |
6. On a standard measure of hearing ability, the mean is 300 and the standard deviation is 20. Give the Z scores for persons whose raw scores are 340, 310, and 260. Give the raw scores for persons whose Z scores on this test are 2.4, 1.5, and -4.5.
7. Using the unit normal table, find the proportion under the standard normal curve that lies to the right of each of the following:
a. z = 1.00 b. z = -1.05 c. z = 0 d. z = 2.80 e. z = 1.96
8. Suppose that the scores of architects on a particular creativity test are normally