Essay about Why The Organization Champion Project Ascent?
The purpose of this Project Initiation Document (PID) is to define the Ascent Project and all of its elements needed to provide a concrete foundation upon which management can provide acceptance and approval for its initiation. This document follows the organization’s template of essential elements for submitting a PID. The information we (the Project Ascent Team – defined later) aim to provide will enlighten on the following questions:
• What is Project Ascent and its objectives?
• Why should the organization champion Project Ascent?
• What will the benefits to the organization be?
• How risky is Project Ascent?
• How much will Project Ascent cost?
• What is the estimated timeline for completion of Project Ascent?
• Are there other ways to achieve the same objectives?
In order to understand Project Ascent, it is important to have a baseline understanding of the Commercial Work Plan (CWP). The CWP is the organization’s project management system, comprised of ten tools that are used for…