Why Do The Zapatistas Wear Ski Masks? Essay
1411 Words Dec 13th, 2015 6 Pages
The main reason is for no one to try to become the leader. The Zapatistas wear ski masks in order to prevent this from happening. They want to be anonymous. They are also trying to avoid corruption.
2. Who lead the Zapatista Movement?
3. What does EZLN stand for? Ejercito Zapatista de Liberación Nacional “Zapata Army of National Liberation"
4. Who has control of the poor people of Guatemala?
Catholic Church and the military has control of the poor people in Guatemala. 5. Name the three methods that people survive poverty in Guatemala.
The 3 methods are surviving property in Guatemala are: 1. Increase in trade between communities. They gather fruits or beans in their communities and walk about 2 to 6 hours to sell or exchange them from other products in different villages. They only reason few tortillas and coffee in return.
2. Non-traditional migrations to Guatemala City and to the United States.
3. Joining the military. Listing includes income to the family of the soldier. Housing, clothing and food to the soldier for 30 months.
6. Who is Rigoberta Menchu?
Rigoberta Menchu is an indigenous women from Guatemala. She was born in Chimel. She believed that it was a problem for government to try to control the people. She was against cheap labor supply.
7. Who are the CUC? What were their motives?
The CUC is the Peasant Unity committee created in 1978. They were the first national organization…