What Do The Top Three Cmss All Have? Essay
WordPress, Drupal and Joomla the web’s most popular CMSs are very similar in terms of their philosophy, communities and technology.
• WordPress, Drupal and Joomla are all free and open source software licensed under a GNU General Public License.
• They are all community-driven projects.
• All three of them utilize plugins, modules, or extensions to expand their sites features as well as themes for modifying their visual appearances.
• Most of their software is composed in PHP.
• Each of them supports MySQL as their database management system. WordPress exclusively supports MySQL, while Drupal and Joomla are compatible with many other database management systems.
While WordPress, Drupal and Joomla share many crucial similarities, it is important to recognize the many aspects in which they differ; For example: how they manage security, handle modules and templates, and have different policies about what they include in core software. Differences such as these have a large impact on the user experience, and how users develop their websites.
Having that said let’s take a look at how WordPress, Drupal and Joomla compare to each other in the following categories:
Setup & Maintenance
One of the most frequently underestimated tasks that comes along with creating websites is everything that is involved in setting up and more importantly maintaining the website. This includes the commitment to regular maintenance…