What Are My Bad Habits
2) Not following through with previously made plans properly.
3) Not utilizing free times properly, and wasting time watching TV and YouTube videos.
Modifying Behaviors are not an easy thing to do. It is something that most people are uncomfortable with and generally find it difficult to do. In the book “Studying Engineering, a road-map to a rewarding career” by Raymond Landis a simple three step method …show more content…
The source of my problems really are that I simply do not follow routines. So, my basic task to fix my bad behaviors is to make efficient routines and discipline myself into following those routines.
The second step will be to truly committing to changing my behaviors. Truly committing to change one’s own habits is something very few people succeed in doing since they love their bad habits a lot. In my case I simply love doing absolutely nothing and lay on my back for hours letting my thoughts wander. This is just inexcusable laziness. To solve this problem I have started to use positive reinforcements on myself like giving myself half an hour breaks after studying for a long time.
The third step is to implement the changes I want to make. I decided to do so in small steps. Recently I have been making plans That are not very strict and are easier to follow. Once I create a habit of following these plans I will move on to stricter routines. The final goal is to be able to finish my assignment two or three days before the due date.
My Learning …show more content…
In that case I am heavily reliant on visual learning. For, this reason to understand complicated concepts I like to watch videos online explaining those concepts. I understand concepts much more easily when they are expressed along with demonstrations.
Other characteristics of my learning style includes:
1) I like facts more than theories since I am sensing type learner. For this reason I prefer it when my teachers explain concepts in context of how they affect reality.
2) I prefer learning from experience since I am active type learner. I always prefer trying things out by myself.
3) I like learning concepts in a particular order since I am sequential type