Essay about Water Conservation
Water is essential for life on earth. Water is needed for growing food, keeping ourselves clean, generating power, controlling fire and most importantly to stay alive! This list is simply non-ending. This shows that water is an integral part of our daily life and we are heavily dependent on it.
Water conservation –
Refers to reducing the usage of water and recycling of waste water for different purposes such as cleaning, manufacturing, and agricultural irrigation.
Water conservation can be defined as:
1. A reduction in water use accomplished by implementation of water conservation or water efficiency measures; or, 2. Improved water management practices that reduce or enhance the …show more content…
When we use water wisely, we help protect the environment. We save water for animals and plants. We also help in preserving drinking water supplies. This ultimately results into easing the burden on wastewater treatment plants. The less water we waste, the less work these plants have to do to make water clean again.
Using water wisely, results into saving energy in multiple ways. We save the energy that is required in treating and supplying water to our place and also the energy we consume in heating the water.
Conservation of water can be broadly divided into 3 important sectors.
1. Household water conservation.
2. Agricultural water conservation.
3. Industrial water conservation. [pic] The above diagram shows the approximate water usage for domestic and Industrial uses. 1. HOUSEHOLD:
Water-saving technology for the home includes:
▪ Low-flow shower heads (sometimes called energy-efficient shower heads as they also use less energy, due to less water being heated). ▪ Low-flush toilets and composting toilets. These have a dramatic impact in the developed world, as conventional Western toilets use large volumes of water. ▪ Dual flush toilets include two