ASSIGNMENT – 1
COMPANY NAME : - WALMART
TYPE OF ORGANISATION: - SERVICE SECTOR
NAME: - A.V.PRAVEEN ROLLNO: - 151203 SECTION: - B
Walmart’s Vision and Mission Statements
A Walmart vision mission statement is followed through the cost-leadership strategy (porter’s model).
Walmart’s vision statement
• To be the best retailer in the hearts and minds of consumers and employees.
• The company aims …show more content…
Location Strategy:-This decision area of operations management emphasizes efficiency of movement of materials, human resources and business information throughout the organization. The Walmart’s location strategy includes stores located in local or near urban centers. The company has a comprehensive set of online information systems for real-time reports and monitoring by using personal websites.
5. Layout Design and Strategy: - In this layout design and strategy this decision area of operations management, Walmart uses shoppers behaviors for the layout design of its stores. The layout design of individual stores is based on consumer behavioral analysis and corporate standards.
For example: - Walmart’s placement of some goods in certain areas of its stores, such as near the entrance/exit, is based on this behavioral analysis of shoppers.Walmart’s warehouses have adequate space allocation for the company’s trucks, suppliers’ trucks, and goods. With efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and cost-minimization, the firm satisfies needs in this decision area of operations management.
6. Human Resources and Job Design: - In the Walmart’s there human resource management strategies involve in continuous recruitments. The Walmart is maintaining standardized job processes, especially for positions in the retail stores. Walmart’s training programs supports the need for standardization and service quality standards of the …show more content…
Inventory Management: - In this decision area of operations management, Walmart’s inventory management involves the vendor-managed inventory model and just-in-time cross docking. In the vendor-managed inventory model, the suppliers access Walmart’s information systems to decide when to deliver goods based on real-time data on inventory levels. In this way, the company minimizes stock outs.
9. Scheduling: - In this scheduling decision area of operations management, the main reason is to optimizing the internal business process schedules in Walmart’s. Walmart uses conventional shifts and flexible scheduling. At Walmart, scheduling in warehouses is flexible and based on current trends.
For example: - Based on the company’s approaches to inventory management and supply chain management, suppliers readily respond to changes in inventory levels. As a result, most of Walmart’s warehouse schedules are not fixed. However, the company generally has fixed conventional shifts for scheduling of store processes and human resources in sales and marketing. Still, to fully address this decision area of operations management, Walmart occasionally changes store and personnel schedules to address anticipated changes in demand, such as during Black