Walmart : A Diverse Mix Of Distribution Channels Essay

1097 Words Apr 24th, 2016 null Page
SafeSurf has a diverse mix of distribution channels that currently sell the company’s internet security products. As a result, the company will continue to place approximately 65% of products in our largest retailers Walmart, which has over 5,000 stores in the United States (Walmart, 2016), and Best Buy which has over 1000 (Statista, 2016). The remaining 35% being equally distributed between, Kmart, Target, and HHGregg. The company website has always been a strong source of advertisement and sales and the company projects it will continue to be a major influence, especially with the added features that can be downloaded from the site. By the end of 2017, SafeSurf will be offered as an ala carte for Xfinity cable subscribers for a year. Customers can renew online through Xfinity at a discounted rate.
Promotion
Several promotions will be initiated to create additional value to consumers while creating brand awareness. The following promotions will be executed:
• Retailer discounts: Agreement with Best Buy and Walmart to include 10% coupons in sales-papers for retailer every third month of the year
• Instant rebate: Any customer that makes a purchase at Target, HHGregg or Kmart will receive an instant rebate anywhere $5 to $25 off their purchase depending on the version.
• Internet sales: Initial purchases made online will receive ala carte computer clean up services at no additional cost. Promotion will begin in November through January over the next three years.…

Related Documents