Average Beats per Minute
I took 3 reading of my beats per minute (BPM) to ensure I got an accurate result. I took 3 readings of 30 seconds and then multiplied them by 2 to get 3 readings of 60 seconds. I took my readings whilst sitting down and not talking having not done any physical activity (walking etc.) in the 10 minutes before I took my readings.
Repeats Beats per 30 seconds Beats per minute
1 35 70
2 38 76
3 42 84
Mean 38.3 76.6
Decline of Pulse Rate after Exercise
Once I had taken my rest pulse rate, my classmates and I ran down 3 flights of stairs (76!), round the outside of the college building and then back to our classroom. I recorded my BPM every 60 seconds until I got to 300 seconds.
Time (seconds) Beats Per minute
300 78 …show more content…
Unicellular and Multicellular Organisms - Pass My Exams: Easy exam revision notes for GSCE Biology. [online] Available at: http://www.passmyexams.co.uk/GCSE/biology/unicellular-and-multicellular-organisms.html [Accessed 10 Nov. 2014].
• S-cool.co.uk, (2014). A-level Biology Respiration Revision - Some Basics | S-cool, the revision website.
• [online] Available at: http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/biology/respiration/revise-it/some-basics [Accessed 8 Nov. 2014].
• Skinner, G., Harbord, R. and Lees, E. (2009). Edexcel A2 biology revision guide. Harlow: Edexcel.
• Skinner, G., Winrow-Campbell, S. and Dunkerton, J. (2009). Edexcel AS biology revision guide. London: Edexcel.
• System, A. (2014). Anatomy Chart: The Respiratory System. [online] Healthedco.com. Available at: http://www.healthedco.com/index.php/anatomy-chart-the-respiratory-system.html [Accessed 10 Nov. 2014].
• Urmc.rochester.edu, (2014). What Are White Blood Cells? - Online Medical Encyclopaedia - University of Rochester Medical Centre. [online] Available at: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=160&ContentID=35 [Accessed 12 Nov.