Travels of a T-Shirt Essay
1. Describe Sherry Manufacturing Company-give a description.
• Sherry Manufacturing is a T-shirt screen printing business in Florida.
2. From whom does Gary buy his t-shirts?
• They import their t-shirts from China.
3. Who is Patrick Xu?
• Patrick is a cotton t-shirt producer that exports t-shirts to Sherry Manufacturing.
1. How big is the Reinsch farm? How many t-shirts can be produced from the cotton?
• 1000 acres
• 5000 lbs of cotton that equals 1.3 million t-shirts.
2. Is a country’s comparative advantage permanent? Give some examples.
• No it is not permanent, unless other countries have the …show more content…
They are all large size producers but differ in labor and wage standards.
1. What is the “typical road” of cotton from Texas to America? • The cotton would be picked in Texas, then either transported by truck or train into California where it is then shipped to China. China weaves and creates the shirt which is then exported back to America to be printed on. 2. How does China rank with regards to imports and exports of cotton? • China is the number one importer of cotton and uses its cheap labor to profit off the export of completed shirts. 3. Briefly summarize China’s evolution since 1949. • Managers were seizing large profits from the sweat shops and very cheap labor pay if any. The Nelson’s heard about it and brought it to