Traditional Procurement Methods: Tradewinds Corporations Berhad Build
4.1 Traditional Procurement Methods
Traditional System is otherwise as Design-Bid-Build (DBB). It is most common use in the construction industry. With the option given, the client appoints an architect to prepare a brief, a scheme outlines and working drawings, and to welcome tenders and control the venture however issuing guidelines, inspecting the work under construction and preparing certificates for payment. In another word, client requirement need to be prepared by the architect for design purposed. Instead of choosing the architects, the clients also need to appoint other consultants such as quantity surveyor and engineer. The contractor, who has no obligation regarding the design, will usually be selected …show more content…
In order to construct this huge project, many parties will involve in this project to meet every need of the project. The Project are proposed by Tradewinds Corporations Berhad Venture (Retro Highland SdnBhd) and Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur. The land owned by the Tradewinds Corporations Berhad Venture on the development area is 52.28 acres and the land owned by the government is 77.80 acres. In the process to own the government land, The Government comes with the suggestions to the TCBV to build affordable house on their land in order to own the government land which call “In-kind Payment” due to high cost of the land and to make a ‘win-win’ situation between DBKL and …show more content…
• Even use selective method; the qualified consultant and contractor must be able to handle the project.
• Developer must act quickly to find the qualified consultant and contractor.
The Risk Involved • The Developer must deal with the parties involve until meet the solutions for every parties.
• Cost and Design negotiation between the developer and government.
• Transit Houses must be completed in time, in order to acquire the Proposed Land.
Client Sources of Fund
• The client must have continuous source of fund for the project.
• Find more shareholder for this big project.
• Invite other big company to joint venture for this project.
• Make a good planning with the shareholder will lead the source of fund towards the successful of the project.
5.1 Summary of Findings
Throughout this case study, we had gain a lot of knowledge regarding project involving government which there are many terms and conditions in order for a private sector to get the land from government. We had also learnt the procedures of “Land Swap” of existing residents from the proposed project areas where the developer must provide the existing residents a new place to move before they demolish and redevelop a new