Tony's Nyonya Restaurant Case Study
• Ancestral Nyonya recipes give the business a competitive edge.
• Staffs are trained in-house by the owner. This is to ensure consistency and standardisation of service level.
• Strategically located at one of the busiest tourist attractions in CBD.
• Restaurant and cafe sections are designed in warm, oriental and modern, relaxed atmosphere, respectively to make sure the environment meets patrons’ mood.
• Meals are cooked fresh with adequate ingredients to ensure that they worth the prices.
• Unable to cope with demand during weekends with its single store.
• Not having delivery service at the moment.
• Business expansion opportunity. People from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan have similar cuisine preferences, and many of them are residing in Box Hill, an eastern suburb. Currently, there are very few Nyonya restaurants in the area.
• Option of ordering via delivery will attract more customers. This will brings in more revenue from those who are constrained by parking, time and location issues.