Essay on The Williamsport Regional Medical Center

871 Words Jun 6th, 2016 4 Pages
The Williamsport Regional Medical Center is located in the 700 block of High Street between Campbell and Walnut Street. The hospital was originally named the Williamsport Hospital and it opened in April of 1878. It was originally located on Elmira St and was initially used as a boardinghouse. Several years later a new building was built and the hospital was moved to its present location. Although it has undergone a huge transformation and a name change the original part of the Williamsport Regional Medical Center is still standing and is 125 years old.
The Williamsport Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital. According to the PA Department of Health, the hospital has 224 beds with 220 staffed beds, it has an occupancy rate of 59.9% and an average length of stay of 4.23 days (p. 4). According to the Health-Associated Infections in Pennsylvania report (2014), the Williamsport Regional Medical Center has a nosocomial infection rate of 2.41% (p. 41). The hospital has an accreditation with full standards of compliance from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
The organizational structure for the Susquehanna Health System of which the Williamsport Regional Medical Center is a part of, has a hierarchy of personnel. There is a board of directors that have representatives from all three hospitals. The administration has a president and CEO as well as a vice president, COO and each department has a manager. The medical staff which consists…

Related Documents