In Black Boy, Wright shows how the white world degrades blacks (DISCovering Authors,2003).Whites degrading blacks shows that equal opportunities are not given to achieve success.
2. Richard Wright wrote this quote "I would feel hunger nudging my ribs, twisting my empty guts until they ached. I would grow dizzy and my vision would dim." (Black Boy, 15) describing how he was less fortunate during his youth in a time where his American Dream was just to have food to eat.
B. Evidence #2 In Black Boy Mistreatment of African Americans makes it impossible for them to reach their American Dream.
1. In Wright 's autobiography he attacks white oppression showing how black are mistreated and not equal in society (DISCovering Authors, 2003).
2. In this quote “Could I ever learn about life and people? To me, with my vast ignorance, my Jim Crow station in life, it seemed a task impossible of achievement. I now knew what a Negro meant. “(Black Boy, 250) Wright expresses how with the Jim Crow laws in place he is unable to learn about the world and reach his aspirations.
II. Native Son by Richard Wright conveys African Americans by whites stereotypes ,showing that no matter how much African Americans want to escape these stereotypes they cannot and cannot reach the American …show more content…
Uncle Tom’s Children: Long Black Song portrays the struggles of never being free in a white man 's world.
A. Wright describes consequences of blacks vs. whites in his work Uncle. Tom’s Children: Long Black Song.
1. In Uncle Tom’s Children: Long Black Song a black man’s wife, Sarah, was sexual assaulted by a white man. This action causes the black man , Silas, to then shoots the white man. Silas does not get an equal treatment , He dies after being attacked by a white mob (Uncle Tom’s Children: Long Black Song, 1938). This expresses different treatment of whites and blacks when they commit a crime and the inequality between races.
1. 2. This quote “ White men killed the black men because they could, and the black men killed the white men to keep from being killed”(Uncle Tom’s Children: Long Black Song,147) said by Sarah, Silas wife, after she realizes Silas is going kill a White man shows that black men are only killing to protect themselves. However, whites are mistreating blacks and killing them with little or no consequence. This is not fair for both races and makes it so blacks are contained by