The Slavery Footprint Of Products Essay
• Be a conscientious and informed consumer and be aware of the slavery footprint of products
• Encourage companies to take steps to investigate and prevent human trafficking in their supply chains and publish the information for consumer awareness.
• More anti-human trafficking organisations such as Not For Sale or Caritas could be established
• Find responsible stores that have transparent supply chains (e.g., Starbucks, New Balance, Timberland, Trader Joes, Whole Foods) so you know which stores have slave-free products
• Support organizations that employ survivors such as Imani Jewelry, Trade as One or Sak Saum
• Volunteer and support anti-trafficking efforts in your community. • Write to the local, state, and federal government representatives to let them know you care about combating human trafficking, and ask what they are doing to address it. • Organize a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to an anti-trafficking organization. • Encourage your local schools to partner with students and include modern slavery in their curricula
• Share photos and information on social media
• Advocate and raise awareness by talking about human trafficking with friends and family
• Hang an anti-trafficking poster in your church or school Posters advertising the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) victim hotline are a valuable outreach tool to potential victims and those that may come into contact with victims.
• Learn the indicators of…