Essay on The Principal And Members Of The Management Team
• Why did you apply for this job?
• What do you know about this school?
• Why did you decide to pursue a career in teaching?
• How do you think you can contribute to the school development plan?
• How do you think your present colleagues and managers would describe you?
I believe that all of these are pertinent questions that should be asked by the principal or the management team. All of these questions will give the management team a slight inside into the personality and desires of the candidate in question. This is important because a candidate that does not have a deep desire to be a teacher will be far less effective than a candidate that has a passion to impart knowledge on the students. Finding out what a candidate knows about the school at the interview is a great insight to the candidate, because a candidate should do “homework” on the school just like the management is doing “homework” on the candidate. If the candidate doesn’t know everything about the school at the interview this can open dialogue between the interviewers and the candidate. Lastly there could be a contrast between what a candidate thinks and what other around the candidate think of the individual, it will give the management the ability to compare when checking on the supplied references (Hopkins, 2015).
• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Although this is a very good question to as a candidate for the position I believe…