One important lesson I learned was about the interviews to scholars. Once I overviewed all of them, I certainly had to make changes on my script.
Originally my set script was having space for 20 to 30 seconds at the first half of the story and then another scholar interview of 20 to 30 seconds at the end. It did not work in such manner. The interview was a whole conversation about the topic which did not let me do this. I could not show the whole chunk in one set of 20 to 30 seconds. Therefore, once I picked the cuts for the videos, I accommodated the different cuts spread out the whole story, as if they were following the story as opposed to just place them in two places. This end was better and more comprehensible to the viewer who is following the story.
The scholar interviews actually played a lot when deciding what to keep in the original drafts. There was no place to show statistical data, therefore I had to initiate by typing some statistical data at the beginning to sort of create a sense of drama and then to show interchangeably with street interviews to finally present a scholar who backs up that Millennialism is rooted in Christianity, and Christianity in American History. Then I just had to tell the story which is constantly backed up by the other two scholars the story …show more content…
I reached a point that even when I really liked a piece to show, it did not make the cut because I had to follow the message priority. I set the script to follow a specific content and the many times the videos would have similar lines referring to the same set, I had to pick the shortest and to the point videos, getting rid of similar ones. I the same manner I had to keep my personal voice narration also in check. If I compare the narrative voice from the first draft to the final draft, the difference is at least 95% for I have re-arrange almost