In this research task I have decide to use two of the biggest fast food chains in South Africa, McDonald’s and Burger King. I have focused on the marketing aspect and I have discussed the seven P’s of Marketing which include price, place, promotion, product, people, process and physical evidence And I have applied the 7 P’s to McDonalds and Burger King.
I have also done research on the history and background of each of the fast food restaurants.
I have conducted primary research by creating a Google form with multiple choice questions relating to the seven p’s of marketing, this form helped to show the preference of customers choices between McDonalds and Burger King.
Summary of McDonald’s
At the age of 52 …show more content…
But there were over 700 McDonalds throughout the United States. The first international store was opened in 1967 in Canada and Puerto Rico.
McDonalds today there are more than 32,000 restaurants in 117 countries with over 1.7 million employees with more than 75% of franchised restaurants around the world.
Ronald McDonald is a character that is a clown which is the mascot of the McDonalds Fast-Food restaurant chain.
The first McDonald’s restaurant in South Africa opened in November 1995, it now has over 200 restaurants around all nine provinces in South Africa. All the food in McDonalds that are in South Africa are produced by local Suppliers. McDonalds serves up to 8000000 customers a month and has over 100000 employees.
All McDonalds restaurants are Halaal and have been approved by the Muslim Judicial …show more content…
7 P’s of Marketing
• Product- Is a product that is produced in order to be sold to satisfy the demands of consumers. This can be a tangible or intangible product as it could be a service. o The company must reinvent the product to stimulate it, so the demand increases during the sale decline phase. There is 3 phases Growth phase, maturity phase and sale decline phase.
• Price-The price of the product is the amount that a customer pays for the product. o Pricing is a very important component as it is the profit of a business.
• Place-The place is very important as it must be close to convenient towards buyers. o If the location is in bad location this can lead to a decrease in sales as buyers will rather buy a substitute product.
• Promotion-This is a way in which a business can boost their recognition and increase sales. o This can be done through public relation, advertising and sale promotion.
• People-This refers to both your target market and the employees of the business. o Research must be done before the product is developed to see the demand for the product. o Employees must be trained as they are the face of the business and are the ones dealing with the