The Island and Brave New World Essay
The movie “The Island” takes place in the year 2019, where rich people can buy a “life-insurance” in form of a clone. The clones live separately under the earth in an old military site, where they have no acces to the real world. They have been told that they are the only survivors of a catastrophy that contaminated the whole world.
They live separately under the observation of Dr. Merrick, the unscrupulous chief of the organisation. The clones are used for their original human being, who is called their “sponsor”, when he or she gets sick and needs a new organ or the feminine clones can be used involuntarily as a surrogate mother.
The clones believe in the lottery which is their sense of life. In the …show more content…
- Jordan Two Delta (movie) and Lenina Crowne (novel) are both very likeable and pretty characters and show emotions although that is forbidden
- in the movie the clones are mass produced in an artificial process like in a factory and in BNW there is the Bokanovsky`s process where up to 96 embryos are produced out of one egg and only the strong survive
- in both cases people play God by creating human beings and by deciding over life and death
- the utopian world is under the earth and the “normal” people still live in the real world
- in Brave New World the utopian world is the “real world” and just on a few single islands live people like we are
- in the movie “the Island” the castes all wear the same clothes, with no colours (white) and in Brave New World the castes wear different colours but according to their caste
- in the movie the clones have the same age like their sponsor
- all of the clones can think and behave like their original donors, in Brave New World the castes are conditioned differently because the lower castes live like robots and cannot develop feelings or interests but they are content with their manual work because they cannot think of an alternative
- in the movie the