Specific Purpose: As a result of this presentation, my audience will be introduced to two career opportunities worth pursuing in the accounting field.
A. Attention/need step: Out of millions of students in their last years of college, only an average of 14% knows exactly which career path and job position they would like to embrace. Therefore, that leaves a large amount of 86% of students who are overwhelmed and unsure of their upcoming careers (Owens,2015). But that’s okay. Not everyone knows right away the best choice for them but as the time to make a decision draws nearer, the best thing to do would be to do some research and learn about the career opportunities that are available to you as …show more content…
Professional Greeting: Welcome everyone to the Careers in Business Online Showcase. My name is Seema Dwarka and I work for Bankers Financial Corporation as a Tax Accountant. I also represent as a member of the Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance to encourage women to participate in all fields of accounting and finance.
C. Purpose and preview: My goal today is to help guide students who are specifically majoring in the accounting field, by listing a few suggestions of job descriptions that are worthy and attainable after college.
II. …show more content…
Job Option #2: Budget Analysist – Responsibilities generally includes analyzing the current and future stance of the company in the business market, prioritizing the company’s financial objectives and expenses, organizing funding limits for each service department and recording monetary disperses into financial budgetary statements (Budget Analyst Summary,2015). Qualifications necessary includes a bachelor’s degree in any field related to accounting, finance, economics, statistics or business. Some businesses prefer a master’s degree and others may allow several years of work-related experience may be used to replace school education requirement. Lifestyle entails full time work hours and may require some traveling and overtime to meet deadlines. Job position normally available at organizations, institutions and government agencies. Salaries can range anywhere between $60,000 to over $100,000 per year (Budget