The Importance Of Getting Electricity

Improved Essays
Getting electricity
Data from Doing Business
A firm has to go through 7 procedures in order to obtain an electricity supply and connection. These include applications and contracts with electricity utilities, clearances from other agencies and the external and final connection works. The whole process from submitting the application to installing the final connection takes 137 calendar days and costs a substantial 126.1% of income per capita. The reliability of supply and transparency of tariffs scorecard indicates that Canada has an index of 6 out of 8. Being in the top one-third range of the index implies that there is relatively high reliability of electricity supply and great transparency of tariffs. Canada currently has a ranking of 105
…show more content…
A firm must first obtain an electricity connection in order to conduct its most basic operations. Hence, having more efficient means of getting electricity allows a firm to begin running its business more quickly. This efficiency is dependent upon the number of procedures, the time taken and cost of obtaining an electricity connection. Although having an electricity connection allows the firm to get the business started, however, to ensure that the operations are sustainable in the long run, there should be little disruptions to the electricity supply. Thus, the quality of the electricity connection is measured using the index for reliability of the electricity supply and transparency of …show more content…
Without going through the formal administrative procedures to register a property, it would limit access to finance. Given the few administrative procedures and short amount of time required, it is relatively efficient to register a property in Canada. About 89% of Canada’s land is Crown Land owned by federal or provincial governments and the remaining 11% is privately owned. Foreign investors who want to set up a business and register property in Canada have full and fair access to the Canada’s legal system. Any disputes regarding property expropriation could be resolved through the mechanisms available to them by the Government of Canada. This gives rise to the high favourable index for land dispute resolution. (Protection of Property Rights, 2015)
Getting credit
Data from Doing Business
The ease of getting credit is determined by the quality of the credit information system and the soundness of collateral laws. The quality of the sharing of credit information is assessed through the depth of credit information index, the credit bureau coverage and the credit registry coverage. The strength of legal rights index determines the soundness of collateral laws. The economy has a score of 8 out of 10 on the depth of credit information index and a score of 9 out of 10 on the strength of legal rights index. Globally, Canada stands at 7 in the ranking of 189 economies on the ease of getting credit.

What does it

Related Documents

  • Superior Essays

    New Light Canada

    • 1067 Words
    • 5 Pages

    Joining the United Nations was a defining moment in Canadian history because it enabled Canada to reform international interactions by supporting the UN, develop a more asserted identity, and to establish Canada’s reputation to the world. Essentially, the United Nations allowed Canada…

    • 1067 Words
    • 5 Pages
    Superior Essays
  • Improved Essays

    Also, as all we know, a lot of places in Canada have high wind speed. Unsurprisingly, Canada is a leading country in using wind power. Like in 2011, Canada was the 6th largest producer of wind power in the globe. For the weakness, Canada doesn’t adopt as much advanced technology as other developed countries do in these fields. Canada should introduce some advanced technologies from our neighbor the United States .On the other hand, the demand side, the total amount of annual electricity consumed in Canada was often ranked in the top six of the all countries worldwide.…

    • 1205 Words
    • 5 Pages
    Improved Essays
  • Great Essays

    Swot Analysis Of Mlb

    • 966 Words
    • 4 Pages

    The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.44 exhibits their ability to thwart short-term cash flow issues. The tax giant has consecutively produced positive earning per share (EPS) year over year. HRB garnered a 24.2% increase from 2012-2013. EPS from $1.28 to $1.59, an increase up to $1.67. The 2015 Yearly Report stated an adjusted EPS of 1.75 for the fiscal year.…

    • 966 Words
    • 4 Pages
    Great Essays
  • Great Essays

    You can see in the summary that the assets and liabilities and equity are about equal to each other at 757.4, which is good and very important because you always want your assets and liabilities to balance. These reports tell us two main things about the assets: the first is that loans are the main focus of the assets, and the second is that the assets seem to be mainly increasing. We can tell that loans are the main focus due to the fact that almost 90% of the total assets are loans, leaving only 10% to other assets. That being said, the increase in assets can potentially be unfavorable because with the increase in loans comes an increase in what you need to pay off. When looking at the liabilities and equity, we can see that the main items include checking and savings, and time accounts.…

    • 2169 Words
    • 9 Pages
    Great Essays
  • Improved Essays

    Charter Of Rights

    • 993 Words
    • 4 Pages

    The Charter of Rights and Freedoms, created by late Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau in 1982, has strongly benefited Canada in a number of favourable ways. Prior to this Charter, Canada had a Bill of Rights. This Bill was inadequate since it did not apply to any of the provinces and it did little for the Federal Government on a constitutional bases. Due to the inadequacies of this Bill, it was confirmed that more effective constitutional framework needed to be adopted. As a result, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms was created as a part of the Canadian constitution in 1982.…

    • 993 Words
    • 4 Pages
    Improved Essays
  • Great Essays

    Additionally, it will also examine the critics of the judicial system activities in order to argue of its truthfulness. What is more, the paper will offer the detailed interpretation of the laws and amendments of the enacted laws. In addition, it will highlight the benefits of the vigorous judicial enforcement of the fundamental freedoms and rights, which strengthen the Canadian democracy. One of the issues that spark the above mentioned argument is the role of the Canadian Supreme Court in the milieu of the Canadian democracy. It is said that Canada’s Supreme Court is the central department in promotion of fair and open democracy in the society.…

    • 1934 Words
    • 8 Pages
    Great Essays
  • Superior Essays

    However, through the Charter’s fundamental freedoms, its impact on legislatures and how appointed judges interpret the Charter, the Charter has made Canada an extremely just society. To begin with, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is the first part of the 1982 Constitution Act. The Charter guarantees rights to everyone in Canada; “some sections (like democratic rights) apply specifically to citizens, while others (like equality) apply to all” (Burgess). Charter content, the basic framework for all Canadians, was created with the idea of uniting Canadians through rights codification. Despite the Charter’s 34 sections, it is Section 2 that has progressed Canada towards a more just society.…

    • 1378 Words
    • 6 Pages
    Superior Essays
  • Improved Essays

    The system is designed to ensure the safety by the Pre-Board screening; Hold-Baggage screening; Non-Passenger screening; and Restricted Area Identity Card. The Canadian Government have provided CATSA with funding’s to improve technology to decrease the risk of any illegal items. Also to increase the number of security guards to improve the number of luggage checks. Overall the research has proven that Canadian airports are in fact safe and will only improve throughout the years. CATSA has prioritized safety within the airports very well and it has shown that Canadian airports are…

    • 718 Words
    • 3 Pages
    Improved Essays
  • Great Essays

    Most recently, the Supreme Court of Canada decision, Bhasin v. Hrynew has established an implied contractual term in Canadian contract law to act with honesty and in good faith. Prior to this decision, the law relating to a duty of good faith in contracts was not entirely clear in Canada, though while such a duty was not a required element of contracts it is often included as a term by parties and implied on an inconsistent basis by the courts. Now it is recognized as…

    • 3347 Words
    • 14 Pages
    Great Essays
  • Superior Essays

    Charter Of Rights Analysis

    • 1456 Words
    • 6 Pages

    Similarly, to the Bill of rights, the CCRF (Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms) offers fortification and additional privileges to citizens and non-citizens. Furthermore, the Charter is can be utilised to justify and remove laws which infringe upon individuals of societies’ rights and hinder their sense of safety and protection in society. 2. Liberalism is a legal theory uses utilitarianism to accentuate individual rights and freedoms. Brian Tamanha analyzes four main themes; “the individual is free to the extent that the laws are created democratically, “the…

    • 1456 Words
    • 6 Pages
    Superior Essays