Writing An Essay: Three Rules Of Listening
1. Always Send a Thank You Note
2. Send it Fast
3. Make an Impact.
Writing a “Thank You” note after an interview is very important. It shows that you are truly interested in the position and working with the company, and it also makes you memorable in the interviewer’s eyes.
Most importantly…not sending a note could actually decrease your chances of getting the job. It’s been proven that as many as 25% of hiring managers say they wouldn’t hire someone who didn’t send a post interview thank you letter.
Let’s look at the value of a Thank You note:
• Impresses employers with your follow-through.
• Shows courtesy toward the interviewer.
• Shows your understanding of professional courtesy.
• Conveys your interest …show more content…
• Demonstrates your skill at written (or emailed) communications.
• Allows you to clarify anything that you don't think you communicated well during the interview.
• Meets your competition so you don't lose an opportunity simply because your competitor sent a thank you.
Try to tailor the note as much as possible to the company and position you are interviewing for, being careful to demonstrate that you understand the challenges that they face.
You want to show the interviewer that you are a good fit for this position and can make a positive impact on their company. You comprehend the position and know that there may be difficulties that come with it, but you are comfortable and willing to take them on.
A strong letter will address the issues of the interview. It should:
• Highlight what the employer liked about you.
• Cover positive information you wish you had said in the interview.
• Express your skill in areas that the employer showed concern over.
• Keep the message short - not more than one page and a couple of