The Effect Of Bullying And Bullying Essay
The Effect Of Bullying
Bullying doesn’t involve only those doing the bullying and those being bullied. Bullying involves and affects the entire school community. The three main groups that are affected by bullying are the students who are bullied, the students who bully, and the witnesses or bystanders who see it happen.
The Impact on Bullied Students
Students who are bullied can develop physical symptoms such as:
* feel disconnected from school and not like school
* have lower academic outcomes, including lower attendance and completion rates
* lack quality friendships at school
* display high levels of emotion that indicate vulnerability and low levels of resilience
* be less well accepted by peers, avoid conflict and be socially withdrawn
* have low self-esteem
* have depression, anxiety, feelings of loneliness and isolation
* have nightmares
* feel wary or suspicious of others
* have an increased risk of depression and substance abuse
* in extreme cases, have a higher risk of suicide, however, the reasons why a person may be at risk of suicide are extremely complicated.
They may be afraid to go to school, go to the bathroom, or ride the school bus. They may lose interest in school, have trouble concentrating, or do poorly academically.Bullied students typically lose confidence in themselves. They may experience depression, low self-esteem, and suicidal thoughts or they may lash out in violent ways.
Bullying situations usually…