The Eastern Cultural Practice Of Arranged Marriage Essay examples
Detailed Point Form Outline:
1. Essay Introduction:
• In the contemporary western world, arranged marriage are quite rare, however in the eastern world arranged marriages are the most common type of marriage practiced as they are very successful in the long run.
• Interestingly, 90 percent of marriages in India and 60 percent of all marriages in the world are arranged according to ABC News (Myrna Toledo, 2009).
• There are many misconceptions, misperceptions, common sense observations, and so forth about arranged marriages and one of them is that arranged marriages are forced marriages, which is not entirely true. Therefore, it is very important to prove that arranged marriage are not in fact forced marriage due to the enemies of good social science.
• “The eastern cultural practice of arranged marriage is a very successful method and practice of mate selection”
• Firstly, arranged marriage is very successful method and practice of mate selection due to shared values, where the parents choose someone who matches their son or daughter’s beliefs, education and financial stability, education, personality and so forth.
• Secondly, they are successful due to the fact that the couple will feel close to their roots as they will be coming from the same background, in terms of caste, religion, and cultural or…