The Character Of Bryon In That Was Then, This Is Now
She got them to beat him up. The thing is; Mike doesn’t hate her, or any of the people who did it. Why?
2. Pg. 46, Mark: “Too bad she can look so good and be so rotten.” * This is sort of funny, because it’s kind of true. Some girls who look good, can be so rotten.
3. Pg. 58, Bryon: “Buddy boy, you are dead. You had just better make up your mind to that. When I get through with you, you are going to be dead.” * Bryon says this to the guy who clubbed Mark with a beer bottle. It shows how much he loves Mark, and what he’d do for him.
4. Pg. 68, Mark: “Do you ever get the feeling that the whole thing is changin’? Like somethin’ is coming to an end because somethin’ else is beginning? * This is important because this is where Mark and Bryon began to feel the change in their relationship.
5. Pg. 100, Bryon: “I wonder if when I get to be twenty, I would think about how stupid I was at sixteen.” * I like this quote because it’s true. When you look back at your past, you kind of wonder why you did certain things, and how stupid your mistakes seem.
6. Pg. 106, Mark: “Nothing bad happens to you when you’re a kid.” * True. Even when you commit crimes, the authorities always let you off with a