The Bazerman, M. H. D. A. Model

Good Essays
Register to read the introduction… Next enter the determining factors that you are interested in along the top. You then need to decide the weight for each factor. The example shows safety risk as a 4 and management difficulty as a 2. This means that safety is twice as important a factor as management difficulty. The final entries are for your opinion(scale of 1-10) of what your opinion is of how a given factor affects a given alternative. Remember that negative factors are opposite. This means that for a negative factor such as safety risk, high numbers mean low risk. For a positive factor such as stability, high numbers mean high stability. The winner is the highest number in the totals column. You still may have to decide between 2 or more alternatives whose totals are the same or very close. However, you will have eliminated a whole lot of less desirable alternatives” …show more content…
H., & Moore, D. A. model is more business friendly. In the decision making matrix, it appears to be too simple. It seems like there is a lot of room for mistakes. It is a “quick and dirty” type of decision-making tool. There’s nothing systematic about its process. However, if you want to make a quick decision, the matrix is the way to go. You have to understand that there is a lot of risks involved. Depending on the type and the level of importance of the decision, it could benefit the manager.

References
BusinesDictionary.com,2013.Define:Decision Making. Retrieved September 08, 2013, from, http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/decision-making.html
Planningskill.com,2013.Define:Reflective decision making. Retrieved September 08, 2013, from, http://www.planningskills.com/glossary/211.php Bazerman, M. H., & Moore, D. A. (2013). Judgment in managerial decision making (8th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.

Read more:

Related Documents

  • Decent Essays

    Last accessed 26th September 2013. N/A. (N/A). Examine. Available: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/examine?s=t.…

    • 2245 Words
    • 9 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    Importance Of Duty Of Care

    • 4284 Words
    • 18 Pages

    Barry Cushway (2012). 2012-2013 The Employers Handbook. 9th ed. Londo n: Kogan Page. Chapters 11-17 Eurofound.…

    • 4284 Words
    • 18 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    If the simplified single expected value approach is not enough, it can be expanded by dividing a risk into multiple gradations, as shown in the following example. A project manager estimates a 10% probability that a piece of equipment will be $1 million over budget, but also a 30% probability that the equipment will have a smaller overrun of $500,000. (Total probability of an overrun is 40%.) The value assigned to the risk is ($1,000,000 x 10%) + ($500,000 x 30%) =…

    • 1365 Words
    • 6 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    C., Fraedrich, J., and Ferrell, L. (2005). Business ethical decision making and cases, 6th ed. Retrieved February 25, 2013 from http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites ImClone Systems. (2013). Company overview.…

    • 1316 Words
    • 6 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    WordPress.com n.d., PESTEL Analysis of the macro environment. Available from: <http://levisvsdiesel.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/pestel-analysis-of-the-macro-environment/>. [10 November 2014]. 11. LS&CO.…

    • 1045 Words
    • 5 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    Initiating Structure

    • 747 Words
    • 3 Pages

    The relationship between ethical leadership behaviour and job satisfaction is found to be significant at the significance level of .000, which is lesser than .05. Moreover, ethical leadership behaviour also has the greatest influence on job satisfaction compared to other independent variables, where the Beta value of the relationship is 0.523. H5: There is a significant relationship between initiating structure and organisational profitability. Hypothesis 5 is accepted as the relationship between initiating structure and organisational profitability deem significant with the significance level of .011, which is less than .05. The Beta value of 0.322shows that initiating structure is one of the most influencing variables on organizational profitability compared to other independent…

    • 747 Words
    • 3 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    Nt1310 Unit 7 Exercise 1

    • 907 Words
    • 4 Pages

    There are two options for the distribution of the percentages based on which is the highest at the end of assessments. The first is the mid semester test is worth 20% and the Exam 60% or the mid semester test is worth 10% and the exam worth 70%. 4. a. The distribution of the data is positively skewed. The data observed contains 390 variables, the lowest value recorded is 0 and the highest is 38.…

    • 907 Words
    • 4 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    Association for Project Management - the chartered body for the project profession. Retrieved from apm The Chartered body for the project profession association for project management: https://www.apm.org.uk/blog/the-benefits-of-following-a-project-management-method/ Nicholas, J. M., & Steyn, H. (2012). Project Management for Engineering, Business and Technology. New York: Elseviere Inc. Sidenko, S. (2015, May 7). Similarities and differences between PMBOK Guide and PRINCE2 method.…

    • 817 Words
    • 4 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    On the other hand, Ayala Land’s current ratio in 2011 went down on 2012 and recovered on 2013. On the off chance that the current ratio is too high, the Megaworld may not be utilizing its current resources or it’s fleeting financing offices productively. This may additionally demonstrate issues in meeting expectations capital administration. In this case, the current industry average ratio is 1.2. Both Megaworld and Ayala Land are above average when it comes to current ratio.…

    • 1209 Words
    • 5 Pages
    Decent Essays
  • Decent Essays

    "Our Responsibility." L Brands Responsibility. L Brands Inc, n.d. Web. 09 Oct. 2014.…

    • 2743 Words
    • 11 Pages
    Decent Essays

Related Topics